There's been a lot of discussion lately about the paid blogging opportunities being offered by Today.com. Allena over at About.com checked it out and had this to say -click to see her post-.

The pay is low, but with all the buzz I decided to check it out for myself.

You have to apply for an account, and the application says that it could take up to 30 days to receive a response. I applied for a blog on Arizona travel and had a positive response within a few hours. I went ahead and started my blog with two posts and am waiting to see what happens.

Some things I am curious about are:

- How much marketing they do for you, and how much you must do yourself
- How the editing process works. Although my posts showed up immediately on the public blog, my account showed one post being in the editing review process for payment.
- Can you make any money on page views? Only Today.com can place ads, so you are relying strictly on page views. In the little bit of experience I've had with that they haven't paid much.

I'd been thinking about starting an Arizona travel blog for a while now, so it's really no great loss if it doesn't work out. I'll be sure to post updates as it goes along. You can see the blog at arizonatravel.today.com. You can visit Today.com/apply if you want to try it out for yourself, or you can wait and see what happens with my little experiment.

If anyone has experience with Today.com, I'd love to hear from you!

- Advertisement -
50% Off All Postcards
Promote your writing with custom postcards!

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments